Selling a pharmacy or pharmacy company can be a lengthy and complex process.
Smailes Goldie can help you achieve the best possible price from a reliable purchaser.
You need experienced people, familiar with the common pitfalls, to guide you through the whole process.
Operating conditions for pharmacies have become more difficult in recent years, with the impact of category M and 100 hour pharmacies causing a reduction in the value of pharmacies which some sellers have been slow to recognise. It is important to appreciate that buyers have long since abandoned `percentage of turnover’ valuations, with the emphasis now being on profitability.
We work closely with our colleagues at Pharmacy Advice and Consultancy Services (PACS) whose directors have more than forty years experience in valuing, selling and buying pharmacies in the independent and multiple pharmacy sectors. Together we can assist in the following areas:
- Provision of accurate accounts
- Pharmacy review and valuation
- Pharmacy consultancy and grooming for sale
- Marketing and identification of buyers
- Minimisation of tax liabilities on sale including, where appropriate, advice on restructuring
- Deal structure and agreement of sale terms
- Commercial and contractual negotiations
- Assistance with the disclosure process
We work closely with leading solicitors in the sector but, if you would prefer to use your own legal team, we are happy to work with them, offering guidance on the sector when needed. We will also, where required, work alongside your existing accountants and taxation advisers.