Whether you are in the process of converting to academy status, recently converted or an established academy or multi-academy trust (MAT), we can help you navigate the challenge of combining financial independence with accountability and responsibility for public funds.
Our team of specialist accountants can assist with:
- Preparation and audit of the year end financial statements
- Completion of financial returns required by the ESFA
- Budgeting and forecasting support
- Teachers’ pension scheme audits
- VAT issues, including registration and reclaiming VAT
- Corporation tax issues arising from commercial and community activities
- Growing your MAT – Due diligence for potential additions to the MAT
- Financial issues relevant to the conversion process
- Governance policies and process
- The roles and responsibilities of governors, finance committees and audit committees
- Setting up an accounting system that complies with the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice
- Payroll support
Changes for 2022
There are a number of changes to the financial and accounting rules that academy schools have to adhere to that come into effect following the publication of the latest editions of the Academies Financial Handbook and Academies Accounts Direction.
It is vital to ensure that you comply with these changes. Further information on the Academies Financial Handbook is available here.
Meanwhile, further information on the Academies Accounts Direction is available here.
For a free, no obligation consultation, please contact us here.