At Smailes Goldie we understand that many people want to enjoy the freedom and control that comes about from being your own boss.
We also know that while contractors may command higher daily rates of pay, they also lose certain benefits including holidays and sick pay, as well as facing complex tax, payroll and accountancy issues that differ from normal employment.
Alternatively, if you are working via an agency, you may be asked to choose from operating via their umbrella company or being required to operate as a limited company yourself.
It is important that you understand the practical, commercial, legal and tax requirements of working via your own company. In particular, you may need to establish whether your contract is likely to fall within the IR35 legislation. If so, this can have a significant impact on how you manage your income and tax liabilities within the company.
The team at Smailes Goldie have many years’ experience working with contractors and the self-employed and can help you to navigate your way through the compliance requirements, meaning that you can focus on your work.
Our specialist services for contractors include:
- Limited company formation service
- IR35 advice
- Income and tax planning with overall wealth management advice
- Construction Industry Scheme registration and advice (CIS)
- Agency Workers Regulations (AWR)
- Financial and business planning
- Setting you up with an appropriate record-keeping solution
- Corporation and personal taxation services and tax planning
- Training you on book-keeping if appropriate
- VAT Returns
- CIS Returns
- Preparation of Annual accounts
We also provide an online Contractor Calculator, which helps you to calculate your pay by totalling up your annual salary, running costs, and tax liabilities.
So don’t spend time worrying about what you need to do and how to do it, come and talk to us.
For a free, no obligation consultation, please contact us here.